We are proud to be recognised by the UK SME Climate Hub as part of the United Nations Race to Zero campaign, and join governments, businesses, cities, regions, and universities around the world that share the same mission.
The SME Climate Hub is an initiative of the We Mean Business Coalition, the Exponential Roadmap Initiative, the United Nations Race to Zero campaign and the International Chamber of Commerce. This partnership is an exercise in radical collaboration that opens the doors for SMEs to join the United Nations Race to Zero campaign — an international campaign that brings together an unprecedented coalition of real economy actors and 120 governments committed to achieve net-zero emissions by no later than 2050. In collaboration with the Net Zero team at Oxford University, the SME Climate Hub provides tools and resources to enable SMEs to make a climate commitment, take action and measure their progress. It is our belief that climate action is everyone’s business.
Recognising that climate change poses a threat to the economy, nature and society-at-large, our company commits to take action immediately in order to:
- Halve our greenhouse gas emissions before 2030
- Achieve net zero emissions before 2045
- Disclose our progress on a yearly basis
Our target is aligned with what the latest climate science deems necessary to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement — limiting global warming to well-below 2°C above preindustrial levels and pursuing efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C, with no or low overshoot.
It is also in line with the NHS and UK Government’s commitment to reaching net-zero emissions by 2045.
Guru Krishnamoorthy, Penlon's CEO said:
The link between climate health and human health is becoming ever more inextricable. For us at Penlon, delivering on our mission to develop world-renowned medical devices sustainably is a core responsibility.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide the best to all our stakeholders. Our customers, our people and the planet we live in are key stakeholders in our business. That is why we are very proud to be committing to this journey to Net-Zero.
Penlon Limited recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities, to achieve this we will:
Establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review
- Considering any environmental issues in the decision-making process
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner
Provide for the effective use of resources by:
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses for by-products whenever economically viable
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisation’s operations
- The communities in which we operate
- The Government, regulatory bodies and other interested parties, with the shared vision of being a good and trusted neighbour