37 hours per week
As one of the leading providers of anaesthesia products and services in the UK, we are looking for someone to join our expanding development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the architectural development of electronic medical products (anaesthetic machines/ventilators).
- Design and development of new products from concept to production
- Develop detailed technical specifications for new products and related system modules as necessary
- Carry out feasibility, reliability, FMEA studies and risk assessment for new or improved products
- Design and develop electronic circuits
- Design and develop associated low level / embedded software programmes to meet the specifications
- Prepare designs and reports as required to progress a project
- Develop and assist in the manufacture, test and evaluation of prototype devices
- Plan and conduct laboratory tests, reliability trials and life testing as required
- Experience in embedded C language software is essential
- Experience in application C++ language software is essential
- Experience of microcontroller, ARM and device drivers (I2C, SPI, USART, ADC, DAC)
- Experience developing software for STM32 Microcontrollers
- Experience in full software life cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of FORTH language an advantage
- Create detailed electronics design specifications.
- Schematic capture of designs.
- PCB layout with EMC considerations.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for test (DFT).
- Understanding of pneumatics and their operation
- Understanding of the mathematical principles of systems and controls
- Working within a quality system (ISO 9001:2000 / ISO 13485)
- Experience in developing medical device software to IEC 62304
- Knowledge of ISO 60601, ISO 14971, IEC 62366, ISO 80601-2-13 and FDA 21 CFR 820 would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of medical gas pneumatics
- A minimum of 10 years in industry encompassing the software and electronic skills described above
- Degree / HNC or extensive experience in Software, Electronics or Systems Engineering
- Worked with pneumatics and systems control designs
- Use of CAD software, preferably Altium or equivalent
- Use of software development tools Visual Studio, IAR work bench, MPLAB or equivalent
- Use of Forth development tools BFDE & Ultra edit or equivalent
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Good written English skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven planning, change management and organisation skills
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to:
Please clearly state your name and the job title that you are applying for in the subject/title of the email.
Alternatively call 01235 547 000 and ask for HR Recruitment.
Please note that we only use pre-approved recruitment agencies and do not accept unsolicited candidate details.