Strategic Sourcing Buyer
39 hours per week
As one of the leading providers of anaesthesia products and services in the UK, we are looking for someone to join our expanding sourcing team. The successful candidate will support the Sourcing Manager with supply chain management and sourcing activities.
- Issue, progress and negotiate draft supplier agreements
- Attend and report to daily project meetings
- Visit and when required audit current and potential suppliers
- Develop and report metrics as required for the Sourcing Manager
- Utilise your experience to analyse, define, and implement market and sourcing strategies for your designated commodities
- Monitor, measure and improve supplier performance (cost, quality, and delivery), managing and resolving performance issues as required
- Play an active role with projects as required supporting QARA, NPD, Production and Engineering
- Lead Sourcing projects
- To work closely with the Sourcing Manager on the introduction and validation of new products, materials and components, component obsolescence and alternatives
- Assist other areas such as Operations, Production Engineering, Materials, Quality, Service, and NPD as required
- Proven experience in sourcing
- Experience sourcing in engineering commodities or electronics (desirable)
- Experience of supplier auditing (desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound time-management and organizational skills
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to:
Please clearly state your name and the job title that you are applying for in the subject/title of the email.
Alternatively call 01235 547 000 and ask for HR Recruitment.
Please note that we only use pre-approved recruitment agencies and do not accept unsolicited candidate details.