Software Development Engineer
37 hours per week
As one of the leading providers of anaesthesia products and services in the UK, we are looking for someone to join our expanding development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and test of software and associated documentation.
- Design and develop software modules/systems in accordance with appropriate software specifications, following both company and general industry design guidelines/standards
- 80% application software development with C++, with 20% C embedded development
- Perform engineering testing and consequent debugging of software at all levels
- Develop test specifications for formal test of software at module and system level with reference to, and to ensure compliance with, the specifications for that software
- Write support documentation for software modules/systems including test, verification etc reports
- Review software and documentation produced by other members of the team to ensure quality and adherence to standards and specifications
- Support the writing of top-level specifications for systems involving software components
- Write, and/or collaborate in the writing of, software specifications and input to software risk analysis
- Produce estimates of timescales and effort requirements for all aspects of a development to assist in the management of a project
- At least 5 years’ experience programming – in C, C++ (an understanding of assembler would be beneficial), Linux shell scripts
- An understanding of medical standards (62304, 13485, 14971, 80601)
- Experience with configuration control (GIT, Perforce)
- Experience in building BSPs (Board Support Package) on Yocto
- SnapUI Framework
- Familiarity with MSP430, STM429, PIC16/24 Microcontrollers
- Degree / HNC or extensive experience in software development
- Use of software development tools Visual Studio, IAR work bench, MPLAB or equivalent
- Use of Forth development tools BFDE & Ultra edit or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Good written English skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Analytical approach to problem solving
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to:
Please clearly state your name and the job title that you are applying for in the subject/title of the email.
Alternatively call 01235 547 000 and ask for HR Recruitment.
Please note that we only use pre-approved recruitment agencies and do not accept unsolicited candidate details.