Production Engineer (Grade 3)
39 hours per week
As one of the leading providers of anaesthesia products and services in the UK, we are looking for someone to join our expanding production engineering team. The successful candidate will facilitate the manufacturing of high quality existing and new products through the provision of engineering support services. To assist in the definition and enhancement of manufacturing processes.To assist in the definition and enhancement of manufacturing processes.
- To support the development and ongoing continuation of a manufacturing engineering function capable of designing and sustaining high performance processes and systems encompassing the key philosophies of kaizen, poke-yoke and JIT
- To ensure that adequate design controls and processes have been implemented and utilised in the design and release of the products and services for manufacturing and subsequent shipments to customers
- To participate in ongoing product enhancements to improve manufacturability and performance improvements
- To assist in the customer service function in order to enhance the handling of customer queries, product returns, complaints or feedback in a timely and comprehensive manner
- To assess and validate new and existing suppliers to satisfy product cost, quality and delivery targets/expectations. Provide Production Engineering support to the Assembly & Test department
- Liaise with the New Product Development department during the product development phase ensuring design for manufacture, assembly & test principals are followed. Support new product introduction activities
- Preparation of device master records, device history records, work instructions, technical files, sample approvals, deviations, change requests, reworks and test procedures for new and existing products. Training of assembly & test operators
- Ensure ISO and FDA requirements are maintained
- To approve / sign off change requests and deviations
- To check and sign off drawings.
- Degree / HNC / ONC or extensive experience preferably in Mechanical/Electronic/Manufacturing Engineering
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing, six-sigma and other continuous improvement techniques
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven planning, change management and organisation skills
- Strong mechanical back ground with an understanding of electronics
- An appreciation of software would be beneficial
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to:
Please clearly state your name and the job title that you are applying for in the subject/title of the email.
Alternatively call 01235 547 000 and ask for HR Recruitment.
Please note that we only use pre-approved recruitment agencies and do not accept unsolicited candidate details.